Before selecting flooring material for home, following factors should be carefully considered:
- The flooring material should give pleasing appearance. It should provide colour effect in conformity with the use of the rooms.
- The flooring material should be hard, strong, durable and capable of resist all the wear and tear to which likely to be subjected to.
- No noise should be produced by the floor when in use.
- The flooring material should be cost effective.
- It should be fire resistant and damp-proof.
- Floor should be easily and effectively cleanable.
- Floor should not be too much slippery. It may prove dangerous for children and old aged people.
- Maintenance of floor should be easy and cheap.
- Floor should be smooth and as far as possible thermally insulated.