Lizards are most common problem of almost all households. Despite of the fact that lizards help in eliminating the insects, we don’t like to see them in our home. We always do endeavour efforts to keep our home lizard free.
So here we have listed out some measures which can keep lizards away from our home.
- Keep inside and outside of your house clean. A dirty or messy house invites all sorts of pests including lizards by providing both food and hiding places for them.
- Keep furniture at least six inches from the wall, and don’t hang lots of pictures and mirrors.
- Fix any leaky faucets or pipes.
- Block openings with the help of sealants.
- Use metal screens to cover your windows.
- If there is any crack in walls or fissures in the corner of doors, and windows, repair it to prevent their entry.
If however, after taking above measures, lizards still find a way to intrude your home then here are some eco-friendly remedies to get rid of them. These remedies are non-toxic and surely will not harm your children and pets.
- Onion: Suspend onion slices against the wall, or place them in the hiding places of lizards. Onion contains sulphur compound that creates a bad odour. It helps in repelling the lizards.
- Onion-Garlic Spray: Take a spray bottle. Fill it with onion juice and water. Add few drops of garlic essence to it. Shake them well. Spray it in the corners or any other place in your home. You can also simply place a garlic clove, to get rid of lizards.
- Egg Shells: Egg shells help in bluffing the lizards, psychologically. Due to egg cells, lizards will leave the place assuming another organism in that area. Change the egg shells after every 3-4 weeks.
- Naphthalene Balls: Naphthalene ball is a good pest controller. Put it in your wardrobes, water sinks or under the stove. This remedy works effectively against the lizards.
- Peacock Feathers: Lizards are scared of peacock feathers. Stick peacock feathers on the wall, where lizards live, or put them in the flower vase. This will evacuate the lizards from your home.
- Pepper Pesticide Spray: Mix water and pepper to make a pesticide spray. Sprinkle it in your kitchen racks, tube light corners, under the stove, and fridge. The lizard will get irritated, by the spiciness of pepper and smell of the spray, and vacate your home.
- Ice-cold Water: Spray ice-cold water on the lizard. It will reduce its body temperature, making it difficult for the lizard to move. Trap it in a cardboard box, during that time, and throw it out from your house.
- Coffee Powder: Mix some coffee powder with tobacco powder. Prepare small balls of this mixture. Take toothpicks and fix balls on them. Put these toothpicks on the way of lizard (or the hiding places of lizards). They will get died on consuming this mixture.