A home consists of at least five parts which are very essential, Drawing room, Bedroom, Kitchen, Bathroom and Water closet. During construction we don’t give much importance to the Bathrooms and Water closets. We forget that a wrong planning or faulty construction of Bathrooms and Water closets may result in a long term pain. So before planning and construction of Bathrooms and Water closets the following points should be taken care of:
- The bathroom and water closet must have adequate ventilation and natural lighting.
- At least one wall of the bathroom and water closet should be the external wall of the house.
- The bathroom and water closet should preferably be over or under another bathroom, water closet, washing place or terrace.
- The bathroom and water closet floor should be 50 mm lower than the other flooring of the house.
- The floor should be made water tight and non-skidding.
- The platform or seat should either be plastered with cement or be made of some water tight non-absorbent materials.
- The surface of the walls of bathroom and water closets should be finished with smooth impervious materials like cement punning or glazed tiles or any other suitable material to a height of not less than 1.8 m above the floor.
- The floor of the bathroom and water closet should be suitably sloped towards the drain.
- The bath fittings and sanitary fittings must be of a high quality to withstand regular and prolonged use.