The drawing room is the gathering place where we socialize with our relatives, friends and other guests. Here we also spend our leisure time with our family watching TV or having discussions or doing some activities. Most of the times it is constructed in the center of the house therefore, it is an important part of every house. A vastu compliant drawing room attracts wealth, happiness and prosperity to the family.
In view of this, some important vastu tips have been listed below which one should follow while construction of drawing room.
- Drawing Room should be constructed in the East or North corner so that it can get the morning sunlight.
- Thedoor of the drawing room should be provided in the East, West or North.
- The heavy furniture or articles of decoration should be placed in thewest or south direction as because weight is the element of Southwest If there is no option, then use a base of 1-3 inches height to keep furniture in North or North-East.
- Always use square or rectangular furniture in the drawing room. Furniture of circular, oval or any other shape should be avoided.
- The portraits of Gods or beautiful paintings should be hanged in the North-East wall of the drawing room.
- Portraits of birds, animals, women, weeping children, scenes from the wars etc. should not be hanged in the room as they give the gloomy feelings and thus the negative vibes.
- Photograph of God should never be hanged above theentrance door, from outside.
- The sitting arrangement of the drawing room should be such that the head of the family should sit facingEast or North
- TV should be placed in thesoutheast corner of the drawing room.
- Keep telephone in East, South-East or North.
- Air cooler and Air conditioner should be placed in the West, North-West or East and not in South-East.
- Walls of drawing room should be painted with white, light yellow, blue or green colours but never with red or black colours.
- Put light curtains on North-East windows and doors and heavy curtains in South-West.
- Never keep artificial flowers, dried flowers, cactus or bonsai plants in the drawing as they are inauspicious for the prosperity of the family.
- The chandelier should be hanged in the South or West part of the drawing room but not in the center.