Vitrified tiles are good quality ceramic tiles having extremely low water absorption. Vitrified tiles give rich and beautiful look to the flooring and hence widely adopted in homes, shops and offices. But before buying vitrified tiles, one should check its specifications which are listed below:
- The vitrified tile should be of reputed brand and of 1st quality conforming to IS 15622.
- Tiles should be strong, dense and frost resistant. The vitrified covering should be impermeable.
- It should not absorb water more than 0.1% of its weight.
- The thickness of vitrified tile should be same as specified by the manufacturer. But it should not be less than 8mm.
- Mostly the vitrified tiles are made in square size of 600mm x 600mm, 800mm x 800m and 1000mm x 1000mm.
The above information will certainly help you to choose right vitrified tile for your home.