Kitchen is the place where most housewives spent their maximum time of their life. It is the most loving part inside a house and you always strive to decorate your kitchen so that it looks beautiful. That’s why we have listed some simple tips to decorate and organize your kitchen to make it more beautiful and functional.
- Due to space constraints where kitchens are made small in size, it becomes very difficult to organize utensils, spices and other kitchen utilities. But still we can manage them by creating different sections for different things. Categorizing things makes cooking easy and gives housewives more time in concentrating other house related works.
- Create overhead cabinets and drawers below the cooking counter or slab for each item. It will not only help to organize things but also enhance the interiors of the kitchen.
- One part of the wall may be provided with racks for storage of bulk ration or grocery items.
- Utensils may be placed at different places depending upon their use. For example keep daily use utensils near the dish washing area and baking utensils near microwave or oven.
- The height of the cooking slab should be the waist height of the person who will be cooking most of the times.
- Provide wall tiles along the cooking slab at least upto lintel. Light shades of yellow, orange or chocolate brown may light up the interiors of kitchen.
- If you are not installing a chimney then use an exhaust fan on the wall just above the gas stove. It will help you to keep the wall and ceiling of the kitchen less dirty due to smoke.
- If your kitchen is big enough to accommodate a fridge, then place the fridge in such a place that stove, sink and fridge make a triangle, as these three are mostly used inside a kitchen.
- In case you are using wall mounted water purifiers, then mount it over the sink so that any spill out water can get drained off easily.
- During organizing the things, care should be given that access to and inside kitchen is not obstructed.
- Dustbin should be kept under the dish washing zone hiding under the bottom cabinets.
However there are still lots of things that can be done to beautify your lovely kitchen but still, the above small and easy to implement tips can decorate your kitchen fair enough.